Hey everyone! I was so happy to hear from you all! I am going to start by answering all your questions and then see if there is anything I didn’t cover that I wanted too!
1. How many missionaries are in your area in Jangwii?
10. Me, Elder Leewonhyung, Elder RosenBerg, Elder LeeHohyun, Elder Bandley, Elder Jarret, Sister Harper, Sister kimonyou, Sister leegeehey, sister hongsonhea
2. How is the food? Your first week you seemed to like it, but just wondering if you are still enjoying it?
It is really good, I just eat a lot of the same stuff but I still really like it! I have ate pig liver, heart, lung, and intestine and love them all so much! and ya I love it for the most part!
3. Are you able to print your emails to take with you during the week?
nope, not to my knowledge
4. Have you received any letter from the mail yet? Just curious how long it takes for you to receive something. We sent letters before you got to Korea, but I know Grandma Baldwin has sent a couple letters. I also sent some from Trevor and Tyson this week so hopefully you will get them soon.
Ya I got it yesterday and I loved it so much! Thank you so much for that! I haven’t got any from Grandma yet! I only got the first one you wrote at conference!
5. What else do you do on P-Days? Do you go do anything fun? Have you played any sports there yet? Do you still exercise every morning?
Not much, they are busy! We shop, do laundry and try to have at least an hour of doing something fun. We haven’t got to play any sports on pday but that is part of opening an area and they should get better and better! And yes I exersize every morning! It is way nice!
6. How is your companion? I’m glad he is giving you so many opportunities to teach and be a part of the lessons. I’m sure it is beyond overwhelming but that will help you so much in the future. I hope you are learning so much from him and feel lucky to have a Korean companion to help teach you everything.
He is awesome! We are close and I am so blessed to have him as my companion
7. It looks like you have used your credit card once since you have been in Korea. I’m glad it works. Please use it whenever you need for whatever you need. I need to know you have what you need to live comfortably so if there are supplies for your apartment or groceries use it. Do you get money at the first of every month from the mission?
I get money 2 times a transfer and it is on a separate credit card and I have only used that and I used my credit card just to see if it worked and haven’t needed it since. I might more later.
8. Have you got to go to the Temple in Seoul yet?
I go tomorrow! Today actually isn’t pday! We just email on monday on temple week and then go to the temple and have pday on Tuesday!
9. Is there anything else you have thought of for your Christmas package that you need from home?
my companion wants sour patches. haha but I couldn’t think of anything else! thanks though!
Okay now and investigator update:
We have 12 investigators and I just wanted to update you on one who we met and he is 18! His name is Namsongjew and after our first lesson he accepted our baptismal conference for Nov. 22!!!!! We are so excited! We also took him to stake conference and afterwards he said, “Ya I will get baptized.” Holy amazing! We are thrilled!
We also went to Brother Bak’s house, the guy who speaks English and studied in oxford. His parents are not members and we went over and gave a message. We talked about the restoration and it was a very powerful lesson and the spirit was soo soo strong and his dad is very ill but we taught his mom and after 14 years of being around the church and talking to missionaries she accepted a Book of Mormon and promised to read it and hugged it as she said it. She also asked us to give her husband a priesthood blessing. We were asked to give one to another investigator earlier so we were prepared to give it and so we gave him one and left with Brother Bak to go get dinner with him. We got outside and he was in shock! He said “I never expected that and his mom has always refused and never allowed a priesthood blessing and then he said, I have never had missionaries care about her enough to press her like that with that message. I never thought it would work.” Then he turned to me and said if you baptize my mom I will buy you expensive dog soup so you can say you tried it! haha he is awesome and it was such a cool experience.
On Tuesday I went on exchange with our district leader Elder Rosenberg and it was an awesome experience and so cool to see a different way of proselyting and all that and he is awesome! The next day our zone leaders came to district meeting and I gave the thought on patience and it was way scary but they are so cool and it went great! It was way cool! Sunday we had stake conference and an interview with president Christensen later too! We made him and his wife cookies and the interview was awesome! He is so amazing and loving and full of knowledge! It is so cool! Afterward his wife shot me a text and thanked us for the cookies and said your mom would be proud! haha….. the cookies were made out of a box…… But I just said no problem, thanks for all you do and left it at that! Haha it was cool!
Another funny thing that happened is our whole district was together and got on a bus and all the people were sayin whooaaa ahhh foreigners and all the little grandmas… (there is a lot) say you are pretty in Korean so I just say thank you and I am to tall too stand up straight on the bus so a guy popped a slot up in the roof and told me to come stand there and so I did and could stand up straight and it was so nice and they all laughed! It was a fun experience! The old people are so so funny and either love a ton or hate the foreigners but mostly love … I think! haha anyways I think that is all! Not as much this week sorry!
Love you all so so much! You are the best!